Banana Walnut Cake Recipe
Please give this recipe a try: Banana Walnut Cake
- 180g butter
- 170g caster/granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 240g ripe bananas, mashed
- 180g self-raising flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 60ml fresh milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 40g walnuts, chopped
- 20g sultanas/raisins.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the fresh milk and lemon juice and set aside.
- Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper and preheat oven to 190 degree Celsius.
- Cream butter, sugar and essence until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in mashed bananas to mixture and fold in the sifted dry ingredients.
- Add milk and lemon juice mixture. Stir in the walnuts and sultanas/raisins.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Thereafter, continue baking for 20-25 minutes or until cooked wen tested with a skewer.