Baked Alaska Recipe
Baked Alaska Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup of sifted all-purpose flour.
- 2/3 cup of sugar.
- ¼ cup of shortening.
- ½ cup of milk.
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder.
- ½ teaspoon of salt.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- 1 medium egg.
- 1 quart of ice cream.
- 8 medium egg whites, room temperature.
- Pinch of salt.
- ¾ cup of superfine sugar.
- Grease and lightly flour a 9-inch square pan.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the shortening and milk.
- Beat for 90 seconds with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and beat for another 90 seconds.
- Pour into pan and bake at 350°F (175°C) for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- Place the cake on a cookie sheet and cut strips 2 inches wide from each side of cake.
- Put the ice cream on top of cake and completely cover both with meringue.
- Seal meringue to edges.
- Bake at 450°F (230°C) for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
- Beat the egg whites and salt until they form soft peaks.
- Still beating, slowly pour in the sugar and continue to beat for about 5 minutes, until the egg whites are stiff and glossy.
- Immediately spread over cake and ice cream.
- Can you freeze baked Alaska after cooking?
- What is baked Alaska made of?
- How does Baked Alaska work?
- Is Baked Alaska expensive?
- Why is a baked Alaska called a baked Alaska?
- Is Alaska a desert?
- Where can I eat baked Alaska?
- Did blondies precede brownies?
- What’s in baked Alaska Ben and Jerry’s?
- What is the difference between bombe Alaska and baked Alaska?
- What President made the baked Alaska?
- What alcohol is used to flambe?